Hello Gulabis !
I am pretty sure you guys would love todays blog though it is more about the content then the pictures but I have been getting mails & Dm since quite some time to write about this one. But there were some DIY which were still left for me to try out that’s why I took such a long time with this one, but anyway better late than never. So here it is…
It feels so great when you run your fingers through your hair and without any tangle you feel the soft and silky feel or even that bouncy effect. I love to play with my hair and for that i really need to pamper them a lot else they show up as a Bad Hair Day.
I have come up with my personal hair care and and mostly home remedies which I personally prefer.
P.S my hair type is Dry hair, so everything mentioned might not work for oily hair.
Some pointers you need to follow who suffers with the issue of Dry/brittle Hair:
*Reduce the number of times you wash your hair in a week, As when you wash your hair almost everyday or alternate days you tend to lose the natural oil from your hair which causes dryness.
Wash you hair minimum once a week and maximum twice .
You can also use dry shampoo at times to avoid hair wash and when you still want that shine and bounce.
*A big no to Heat styling regularly. Major cause of damage to your hair.
Even if you wish to use, always use a heat protector spray before styling for less damage.
*Tieing a turban after washing your hair with towel is not a good thing to do.
Opt for t-shirts instead, as your hair are most sensitive and easy to break when wet. Try and path dry with cotton t-shirt giving it softer touch rather than the harsh one with towel.
*Oiling your hair is very important.
Simple way is take some coconut oil warm it a little and apply all over your scalp, roots and hair.
If you have a face steamer, give your hair some steam for 5 to 10 minutes keeping it at a distance.
And then wash it off the next day.
This is the one i use to give some steam to my face as well hair.
Easily available on amazon.
Try using hair masks specially when your hair are damaged or color treated.
*You can go for a professional spa once in 4 months as it is little on the expensive side.
*Specially for color treated and super dry hair, ill recommend sticking to lukewarm or cold water temperatures in the shower. Hot water opens the surface of the hair stand making it dry on the other hand, cold water rinse is better as it also brings softness and shine.
How to protect your hair while swimming:
- Use the Chlorine heat protection spray, which helps in maintaining your health from the future damage by chlorine.
- Cover your hair with a swim cap, as the hair comes less in contact with chlorine water.
- Go for deep conditioning hair mask specially post swimming.
Basic Routine and products I follow for hair wash:
I keep experimenting with different products, some of them are:
I generally oil my hair and keep it overnight for oil to penetrate inside my roots well. Also I give some steam to my hair for around 10 minutes.
Next day, I Use shampoo to nicely remove all the excess oil and then rather than going for conditioner I opt for Hair spa.
It works pretty much as a conditioner infant I would say even better without damaging your hair, in other way improving the texture and shine of your hair.
Post that as I mentioned not a towel dry but I use cotton t-shirt to dry my hair a little and then Hair serum for that perfect shine.
I use heat products only when I have something major to attend or photo shoots.
Picture Courtesy : Abhishek- Urindianphotogrpaher
Some DIY Hair Masks:
For Dry Hair:
Make a mixture of avocado Organic coconut oil-Honey.
Half avocado nicely mashed, 2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil and 2 tablespoon of organic honey.
1. Mix all three ingredients together in a bowl or you can use a blender
2. Apply to damp hair from top to bottom
3. Tie hair up and cover with a shower cap/towel
4. Let it sit for 30-45 minutes and then rinse with your regular shampoo and conditioner
For Oily Hair
(P.S I haven’t used this one personally as I don’t have oil hair but I have seen good results on others)
You need lemon and egg for making the DIY Mask
1. Crack an egg and use only the egg white
2. Squeeze one half of a lemon
3. Mix the egg white and lemon juice in a mixing bowl until you achieve a smooth consistency
4. Apply to damp hair from top to bottom
5. Tie hair up and cover with a shower cap/towel
6. Let it sit for 30-45 minutes and then rinse with your regular shampoo and conditioner
For faster hair growth:
Cinnamon is not only good for your inner body but also for outer body parts.
You need cinnamon powder and 1 table-spoon organic coconut oil.
- Mix these two ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make sure to mix them well together.
- Party your hair and start applying it on the scalp.
- Use your fingertips to massage into your scalp.
- Tie hair up with shower cap
- Let it sit for 25-30 minutes and rinse with regular routine shampoo and conditioner.
So, yes this is pretty much about some routine i personally follow.
As i was always say i am not a professional into this, just sharing my personal view point so the products can work differently person to person. If you have some hair problem do consult your docter before starting with any treatmeants.
Please share your views or any query you have.
Keep following and sharing your love as always!!!
Lots of love,